Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Featured.

 Imagine my pleasant surprise this morning when I opened the local newspaper and saw this:

 


I had somehow known that City Hall was going to prepare an updated version of the leaflet that was a ‘Guide to artworks in V.’ (which I, actually, have never seen), but I didn’t know when it would happen. My pleasure increased when I saw that a paragraph specifically mentioned my quilt that I made during the art symposium in what seems almost dozens of years ago. It is referred to as a piece of art that is demonstrating a special connection to the city by using citizens' handwritings in their languages of origin.


 

The quilt has been up on the wall of the entrance area of the town music school for over a year now, but because of Covid there never was any kind of ceremony on the occasion of it being installed, and, even more disappointing, the building is still closed to the general public: music students have to wait outside the entrance, get picked up by their teacher, and nobody else is permitted access to the building. So it was nice to see this first introduction of the quilt to the public this morning. With a photo! 

I could not get hold of a copy of this new leaflet, however, as they are not displayed publically in the town hall, the person responsible for culture wasn’t in her office and the substitute announced on the door had no clue. I will try again some other day. But there is a pdf-download option here.

1 comment:

  1. very pleased for you. So lovely to get this affirmation of your work out of the blue.

    ReplyDelete