Saturday, October 25, 2014

1000 Quilt Inspirations

A few days ago I received notification that just in time for the International Quilt Festival in Houston the book “1000 Quilt Inspirations” has been published. I am in it – and although it is not my style to sound the bell loudly about something that I myself haven’t seen for real, I wanted to announce it here. In case anybody is in Houston this year – this weekend – now – you have the chance to buy it there as editor Sandra Sider is going to be there.
This is what the book cover looks like.


Here is the official book description:

As one of the core, traditional crafts, quilting is enjoyed by countless enthusiasts around the world - and its popularity is only growing. This collection of one thousand quilt DETAILS builds upon this interest, showcasing some of today's most innovative and beautiful WORK. See how others utilize color and design elements to craft creative pieces. Gain inspiration from their variations and intricate techniques. Maybe even CONSTRUCT your own original quilts. Whether YOU ARE a quilter or a collector, a craft-lover or an art enthusiast, 1000 Quilt Inspirations is sure to inspire your admiration and appreciation of the art of quilting. It's also likely to get you itching for some fabrics of your own!

And in case you can’t make it to Houston to get your own copy, here is a buy link to the publisher's site.



I will have to find a place where I can get it in Europe...

No comments:

Post a Comment