Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Pi-Project is looking for contributions

For a brief few days last year I toyed with the idea of doing a quilt in my new series ‚text messages’ that featured the number Pi:



So I started a little bit of planning and playing around, thinking about it a bit here and there, although no real lightning struck.





So I gave up on that idea because so many others appeared. I did not feel quite up to the challenge of facing Pi – after all, Pi has a following around the world that can be compared to rockstars and filmstars.

But now Pi has caught up with me. I received a mail which I will post here in excerpts:

I am the instigator of
a project for fiber artists, called The Pi Project. Fiber artists
from all over the world are sending in digits sewn (or painted, or
embroidered . . .) on 9.5" x 9.5" (24 x 24 cm) squares of fabric.
The numbers will be sewn together in the exact sequence in which they
appear in Pi. The resulting "ribbon" will be displayed on Pi Day,
March 14, 2015. It is a good way to showcase fiber artists. More
information can be found at www.ThePiProject.org.

I am hoping that you can help spread the word on your blog, or in any
way possible. We are already receiving European entries and it is
very exciting.

I thank you for any help you can give.

Yours,
Sally Sellers

This is the photo that Sally attached:


I think will send in one digit.

If you want to, you can participate, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment