Sunday, August 28, 2022

Before going home


During our vacation on Fuerteventura, after that first, slightly clumsy attempt at posting from the tablet, I had taken some pictures with the tablet camera - because despite the fact that I called it a technological revolution in my life, it has not been connected to my Cloud - and wanted to post once more 'before going home' (hence the title of this post). Of course, relaxing, beach walking, swimming in the Atlantic facing Africa, eating with a view take so much time that posting somehow kept slipping to the back of the list, and we were home before I got around to it, although I had actually started the post with the title and uploaded some pictures. 

So here they come.


The evenings were a special time for the guys, who watched
quite a bit of the European Championships that were taking
place in several locations all over Europe, track and field in
the wonderful Olympic stadium from 1972 (where my husband
and I had gone to see the European Track and Fiel Championships
20 years ago, and loved it).

 


One of the 'corners' where I walked every day, and when the
tide was up we would be watching surfers.


While the guys were watching TV, I sat there handstitching my
comparative temperature quilt of my birth year and the year 2020.
I got almost 4 months completed.

Lots of cacti around, and this one was just starting to bloom.

I took my son 'shopping' one day, and when we finished off with
some ice cream I saw this colorful display of sunglasses in the store next door.


a picture of my 'studio' in our living room.

Right after dinner the guys would go and play a couple of rounds of
chess. My husband was surprised to find that the Junior has acquired quite
a competence at this through computer programs. He didn't stand
much of a chance.


To be honest, I would have loved to stay there. But here we are back, and I have gone back to work, finally facing an uninterrepted stretch of working weeks. With covid right after the beginning, and this vacation that I had been able to negotiate because we had booked and paid for it before I decided to change jobs, it has been a bit of a bumpy start. But so far I like it and think it will be a good working environment, in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment