Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Days are getting longer...

Every year just a few days into February it is noticeably that the days are getting longer. I can understand that the Catholic Church has a Light Mass on  February 2. Reflections are getting clearer, more colorful, and more obvious as the sun's rays are stronger and come from a higher angle.



Of course, on the days when I have the early shift it is still dark. But when I get out there is still some part of the day left - definitely a plus on this new job's side. I have been asked whether I prefer working the early shift or the late shift, and I haven't really been able to make up my mind. Both have their advantage. Perhaps the late shift is a bit less stressful than the early shift, and it also gives me full mornings to try to get things done. In any case, yesterday was a day off and I managed to finish quilting the EQA quilt that is being made as a joint effort by the EQA's various countries' International Representatives on the occasion of the EQA's 30th anniversary this year. Every Representative made one block in the same, the Swiss Rep (who was born in Canada) pieced them together, I agreed to do the longarm quilting, the backside fabric was donated from Poland, and the Spanish Representative who is living in Germany will put on the finishing touches.



Then there was Valentine's Day - not a day that is usually being paid much attention to in our family. But this year we had a surprise. The local newspaper called, they were writing an article about 'prominent couples' in the region, and how they had met and fallen in love. I wasn't home when they called, my husband gave them a slightly edited version of how it had really happened, and instead of receiving a card or flowers on the day itself I kept getting comments about the article in the paper. This is the photo we submitted, my son took it after I got home.



Since then, I have been to the hairdresser's, so the hair is shorter again.
Looking forward to a free weekend - with lots of stitching on my agenda. In theory...

No comments:

Post a Comment