Monday, May 19, 2014

Fabric Club and preparations

As I was stitching away on my entry for the challenge in Ste. Marie-aux-Mines (for which the deadline is June 26, download the conditions here), I was also busy dyeing this month's fabric club.


Yesterday I cut and packed the half-meter packages. Today followed the Fat Quarter packages.


I love my fabric club, the element of surprise that still comes with it - although I do make plans for mixing ratios of dye powders, and what I want to achieve, there is always a certain degree of spontaneous decisions and alterations, and I can fully say that I never know in advance what the final outcome will look like. Cutting and packing it all is my least favorite part of it all, but when I find pieces of fabric that look like this


I relish in the results. And hope that the recipients do so, too. And I have no problems with letting these fabrics go out into the world, in fact I enjoy knowing that other people will receive their packages and hopefully experience a little bit of an "ooooh!"-factor when they open it and see what they are getting. The May Collection will be sent out to their destinations next Monday - after I return from Karlsruhe. From Friday to Sunday I will be there with a booth, selling hand-dyed fabrics at the Nadelwelt.
Day after tomorrow I will pack up the car. It's the first time that I will be present at such a big event, and I realize I am getting more excited and nervous about this than I thought I would. What will it be - ? Should you be there, do stop by - my stand is C 3.5. Looking forward to seeing you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment