Thursday, September 13, 2012

Ste. Marie-aux-Mines

For all those who won't be able to come and see my exhibition at Ste. Marie-aux-Mines, that I have written about so many times now, I plan to show pictures of the quilts that I packed. As I don't know how internet access (or time to try and fiddle with this) will be while I am in "Silver Valley", I uploaded these posts before I left, not knowing which quilts will actually be hanging. So you get to see the full potential...

"Forty-two"

"Shapes 1"


"Shapes 2"
"Shapes 3"



"Shapes 4"

"Purple Grid Variation"

2 comments:

  1. These look so different from your Play of Lines quilts -- are they earlier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they have "happened" parallel to the Play of Lines series when I started thinking about Bauhaus philosophy, and what German Art and the German Psyche might have been like if the Nazis hadn't ended it in 1933. (Not to mention all that other nasty stuff the Nazis did...) Don't know yet where this series will take me, we'll see. Coming back from Ste. Marie today I have about five or six more Play of Lines ideas circling in my head, and a couple of other quilts, I wonder where I can find the time....

    ReplyDelete