Thursday, October 5, 2023

Searching...

 

Any Vacation is always too short … my husband and I have been back from our trip to Northern Germany for over a week already. We spent a few days in Ratzeburg, a small town south of Lübeck, 

 


Making sure we had plenty of 'Butterkuchen', bike trips, swimming in the lake.





After a few days we then relocated to Plön, yet a bit further north. Both towns are situated on a lake, and I went swimming every single day. Sometimes twice. I simply enjoyed being away from work and the current problems. I even managed to not think about it too much.


 

It did catch up with me after our return, though, when I started wondering what will happen, what do I want to be doing, am I being too picky with the characteristics of the job I am looking for? A spreadsheet listing the abundance of ideas I had come up with, most of which more or less out of the question, but still, keep bouncing ideas… turned out to be somewhat helpful, although it didn’t show up as colorful as I had intended. Add to that the fact that my husband’s opinion about some of the alternatives doesn’t exactly coincide with mine. But by now I have sent off two applications and already received an offer to come for a trial. Slowly I am beginning to feel better.

And I have sat down at the sewing machine again. Two projects are on the design wall, both of which have a deadline, one more pressing than the other.

I want to enter a quilt in the “Creative Challenge” for the next PPM in Brno, since I am scheduled to go there with the next exhibition of the 20 Perspectives group in April.  One aspect of ‘waste free’ is using some more of the many pieces of Guldusi embroideries I have in my stash, although that is not the only aspect of how I am interpreting the topic. 


 

That deadline is in March. I am not showing too much detail because I am not sure about the restrictions of showing the work online beforehand.

The other project is for 20 Perspectives’ next challenge, and that deadline is coming up rather soon, our internal reveal date is October 24. I had my idea early on, but started working only rather recently and now time is short. Some first thoughts don’t seem to work as well as I thought they would, and the creative process is of course slower than I figured – as always, but that’s no real surprise.



 

It's just a question whether I can fit it all in. Fortunately the weekend is free, and next week a three-day-retreat at Petersberg is coming up, so although I am 'teaching', the character of the setup there will give me a good amount of time to work myself. So perhaps I will be able to finish on time.

1 comment:

  1. just look at that fabulous kimono scrap!!! you know it will make a fabulous quilt

    ReplyDelete