Wednesday, June 9, 2021

How do you spell 'relief'?

When I had graduated from American High School and went on a trip across the country with the other exchange students, the girl from Sweden was frequently wearing a t-shirt with 'how do you spell 'relief'? G-R-A-D-U-A-T-I-O-N' printed on it.
Today I feel a lot like that, except that I would exchange the word of relief-causation V-A-C-C-I-N-A-T-E-D. My son turned 16 early in May, and as soon as vaccination was made possible for 16yr olds and pediatricians would be allowed to vaccinate we signed him up with his longtime pediatrician. We got a call two days ago, and today was the big day.

Pediatricians use kid band aids even on 16 yr olds, and never before was I so happy to see him with a band aid. Between the three of us we have received three different types of vaccines, and of course the Junior still needs to get the second dose in 4 weeks. But there's a silver lining on the horizon. Perhaps that's a good enough reason to make another quilt with that topic. But I have a number of ideas, so this one is not on the first position of the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment