Monday, May 17, 2021

Waiting for summer

 My last post ended with the words that it is sometimes a lot of work to be involved in the Patchwork Gilde, which I think I have to comment a bit. First of all, I love all the work I do for the Guild. Otherwise I wouldn't be doing it, after all, it's volunteer work and I could easily withdraw. Secondly, what I do is very little compared to what some others do. Such as my friend Barbara Lange, who has been the president of the Guild for 7+ years now. She has put a lot of drive into the organisation and it has been wonderful to work with her. She is full of energy and ideas and always a lot of fun to be around. I just wish we lived closer to each other so we could meet more often. As is the case with each and every of my friends...

 

Bärbl (left), Barbara (middle) and Bea (right) - three great
characters and friends, here during a lunch break at some
real-live-in-person version of the Guild's meeting from a few
years ago.

 
Barbara doesn't go up walls when she is stressed,
she prefers trees...

 
So we had the online event, and a parallel challenge was to make a face and post it to the Guild's gallery to show 'the Guild has many different faces'. Of course that does suggest aiming for a self-portrait, but I took the liberty to deviate from that, it wasn't a strict requirement, either, unless I misread something somewhere. This is what I came up with. Not entirely finished, and not quilted because that is the blockade I have, still, even with the portraits I started in Phyllis' Cullen's class. But I had fun.


I should be doing work in the garden - the compost needs tending! -

 


 

but it is cold and uncomfortable outside, with showers and still not really a hint of summer. The tulips are in their last stages, temperatures have been low. I like their shattered looks, though, even though it feels like they did not live up to their full potential glory this year.





As with this little dandelion. A bit wind swept and after a shower... a bit like me these days, but hopefully things will brighten up eventually.




No comments:

Post a Comment