Wednesday, September 4, 2019

SAQA Benefit Auction coming up!

After returning from South Africa I was all inspired, and really meant to write more about the textile experiences, as announced. But the next day my son and I went away for a few more days of vacation, and then... I had managed to wash the assorted fabrics that I had brought with me, but writing about them somehow went down the drain.

So while we are still on vacation I keep seeing references to the SAQA Benefit Auction 2019, which is coming up soon. As for several years I have donated a piece this year as well. As I was looking through the abundance of quilts on offer yesterday I made up my mind to create and submit a 'Dream Collection', too. Usually when I have done this,  I would keep my own piece out of that Dream Collection (at least as far as I remember), but this time I was not as secretive. Here is my Dream Collection for the SAQA Benefit Auction 2019, titled "Repetitive Forms" (or was it Shapes? can't remember, I went to bed right away afterwards...)









I noticed that there are a lot of pictorial pieces on offer - and I am not that much of the type for pictorial quilts. So it could be a collection with an entirely different name, and perhaps I came up with the one I chose only because it was late, I was tired, and it needed a title when all I had been doing was chosing the ones I liked on first sight. Yes, there were a few others as well, but ...

The SAQA Benefit Auction starts on September 13, and you can read how it works here. Perhaps you can find a piece that you find worthy of bidding for, you would help SAQA in its biggest fundraising event.

No comments:

Post a Comment