Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Basket weaving, part 2

On Sunday morning, I returned to my basket weaving class.
I added another layer to increase the height. And then the inbuilt handles - simple, but very effective!

A couple of sticks...

...weave over them...

And this is the finished product.


Right now it is drying in the warmest room of the house, the cellar where the heating system is located, and in a couple of days it should be ready to use. It measures about 40 cm in height. The different colors are the result of using different types of willow branches. It was a lot of fun! And I definitely want to make another one, perhaps even slightly larger, for my washing. But it does not go well with handling fabrics - working with the willows is rough on the skin of your hands, and these two activities don't go well in parallel! But a very good activity to relax and get your mind set on other things!

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Uta! Well done.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this and it was interesting to see how the inbuilt handles ere created.

    ReplyDelete