Friday, January 3, 2014

Counting down: High Noon

For this year's Daily Art Project I have set my alarm clock for 12 o'clock every day. I am going to take a picture at that time. It could be of anything - whereever I am, whatever I am doing, whoever I am on that day...? We'll see what comes in front of my lens.
After deciding on this new theme, I have practised a bit during the last few days of the year. Taking a picture at noon, to get into the habit. Here's the selection of counting down:

December 24, 2013

December 25, 2013

December 26, 2013

December 27, 2013

Ideally, the picture should be taken exactly at noon, when the alarm clock is ringing, or when some of the ever-present church bells are reminding me of the fact that it is time. But should I have taken a what I consider much nicer picture in the ten minutes before or after, that one may qualify as well. As in this case: the first picture was taken five minutes before noon, the second one exactly when the alarm clock was ringing. I would probably pick the first one to represent this date:

December 28, 2013

December 28, 2013
If nothing much was happening, I may have to live with a dull and boring picture for the day. (Though it may not be included in the selection published on the blog.)

December 29, 2013

If I happen to have taken several good photos just at noon, I have to choose between them. The following one was chosen out of three to represent the day:

December 30, 2013


Should I for some reason not hear the bells ringing and have not taken a picture within that twenty-minute period, that's too bad. No picture for that day.

2 comments:

  1. Great idea and such a good exercise. I don't think that I would have the discipline to do it, but I like the thought of it. Happy New Year, Uta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a nice idea!! can't wait to see what you come up with. the practice pictures are good

    ReplyDelete