Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Two ticks off the list

Sunday was a very busy day at the fair, and I was satisfied with the results.

Everything out of the car, waiting to be set up,
two more hours to go before the show opens.

I am always happy if I get one more new subscription to the fabric club, and that happened. However, I think I need to branch out on the darker colors. Except for the fact that the loading capacity of our car is at its limit...


My most reliable helper, Hildegard - usually she helps
me roll the fabrics onto the cardboard - guarding
the stand for me while I take a quick trip to the Ladies'.

So I have taken out a few of the lighter pieces of colors which seem to be in lesser demand, and will overdye them, to begin with. I have seven weeks before Karlsruhe, the next occasion where I will be selling.
I was amazed at how tired I was Sunday night. But perhaps it's understandable, not only after that week - on the day itself I was up before six, got back home at seven in the evening, with lots of boxes of fabrics unpacked, repacked, ... I went to bed at the same time as my son (who was annoyed that I would not read out aloud for him that night).

Yesterday I finished a 'secret' piece, and finally got to work on my first Journal Quilt. Just before the closing of the January folder - I even tried to upload it this morning. I couldn't verify whether this was successful, but I will be informed through the notification which I receive by e-mail.

1 comment:

  1. The fabrics on your stand look so inviting. I'm not surprised that you were tired, that's a long day.
    Do tell about your journal quilts.

    ReplyDelete