Wednesday, January 22, 2020

scrap therapy

A couple of days ago I somehow touched a different button in my e-mail program and this picture of my son and I popped up at me as part of some online file.


It must have been eleven or so years ago, and I do remember where we were then. He fell up some steep stairs and badly hurt his shin. I did not even know I had that kind of online file...
That little boy is now over six feet tall - still with those gorgeous eyes - and in hospital right now. Nothing serious, he had thrown up all night and collapsed in the doctor's office and was taken to hospital in an ambulance and is being observed right now. It feels very strange to have an empty house like that. Yes, he has been away before for a few days with his team, or on a school trip. But now it feels like a preparation for the empty nest already, even though it will be about four more years before it happens, and I am not enjoying the thought. That's what happens when you have only one of them, even though there are other moments when Icould smash him against the wall. So between he being in hospital, me going to visit him and trying to enjoy a few days off work I find myself in a bit of limbo. I was hoping to do some sewing but it seems to be very difficult to get into a flow. Again, I am fondling fabric as a sort of color therapy.


Add to that my least favorite kind of weather with a sneaking kind of cold and overcast sky that makes you depressed even before you get up...


Other scrappy activities are knitting projects, including this throw blanket I am still working on.


Now I think I will go to gym class and hope that that will give me some energy to go on tomorrow. The boy is supposed to come back tomorrow, too, so that should be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment