Thursday, October 6, 2016

SAQA Benefit Auction - It seems mine sold...

I haven't received an official information yet, but I saw on the SAQA website that my donated quilt had a red line around it, which supposedly says that it sold. So I am happy, and as far as I could tell that was not on the last day of the section, which makes me even happier. It's good to sell, but you also want the thing to raise more than just the minimum amount...
The week's been very busy, getting used to my new schedule and the time constraints involved with that. But I just love the fact that it takes less than ten minutes on the bike to get from home to my work place. And just over ten if I have to walk, in case it's raining. The class is a nice bunch of people, they are very eager to learn - they know that this is a very important chance for them, and want to make the best of it. So despite the fact that keeping all 23 of them happy and entertained is challenging due to the fact that some of them are much further advanced in their knowledge of German than the others, it is a very interesting and rewarding way of working.
And even though I did not have time to make art, I did get a bit of sewing done for the article I am writing for the German magazine Patchwork Professional.
I finished off my personal version of the knit-along that I staged to raise money for a children's project, and even got my husband to take a picture of the finished piece (second picture below).


At this stage, I was still working on it, but had already used it's comforting characteristics once: When I was coming back from Ste. Marie-aux-Mines on the train, the compartment was so cool that I reall needed some extra warmth, So I wrapped one piece of it around my shoulders to keep me warm while I was still knitting on the other side.
Now this is the finished piece (and I am quite proud that I managed to raise € 900 with more than 40 people knitting along - or at least buying the pattern, not all of them have started yet...):


Weather turned cold and unpleasant, too, so it has been of good use already - and overall it's been a pretty good week so far!

1 comment:

  1. How brilliant that you could knit the scarf whilst being kept warm by it! It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete