Sunday, March 6, 2016

Stitching away.

After a long time of procrastination, then changing plans, and finally, a lot of stitching, I did finish my quilt for International Threads on the Afghanistan Embroidery Square - the challenge was issued not quite a year ago! But good things take time, I'm happy with the way it turned out, and think it was important, too, in getting me back into stitching mood. This quilt is 60 x 120 cms, and the larger piece from which the Journal Quilt which I mentioned a little while ago is an 'offspring'.

I have also been learning more about setting the tension on my longarm machine as I am working on quilting a quilt for one of the participants in my classes two weeks ago.



I have always been reluctant about actually taking a screw-driver to the bobbin and changing something there, which you are frequently told is a no-no with 'ordinary' sewing machines. But the Handiquilter really needs it.
And I have started work on the piece I want to send to the 2016 SAQA Benefit Auction. Again using a piece taken from a UFO from way back, with added-on-stitches and some extras. Not finished yet, but I like what I see.


Just a question whether I will manage to finish it before the early-bird-deadline...
In another sphere of stitching, I have finished my prototype for the scarf that I want to use as a fund-raiser for charity, starting in May. Except I can't find the photo right now...
And I made another set of bed clothes for my husband for his birthday from hand-dyed sateen from my stash. He claims he sleeps best in these - and I still have enough to keep him sleeping well for the rest of his life! An easy enough addition to birthday presents for several years to come, although he does get something else besides as well.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the link to this on the SAQA blog. I have now signed up to follow you and am very tempted by your fabric club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome here - and you could always just order a single package of the fabric club to try it out, too, no need to commit for a full year right away!

      Delete