Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Café Leisure, sort of.

 Having moved north, bi-weekly, my type of leisure activities after work has changed a lot. 

 

My favorite swimming spot, this afternoon,
with a cuddly water temperature of 10 degrees C.


Formeost, of course, is my daily walk along the lake towards one of two bathing spots, and my daily swim. Relatively short, as the water temperature is on the coolish side, but the duration of my stays in the water is increasing, and I enjoy this new habit of mine so much that I can’t find the fitting words to describe the pleasure in a satisfying manner.

As I am still living in a nurse’s dorm with limited space and rather unattractive kitchen facilities I have also developed a new habit of going to a café that is part of a not-too-far-away organic food store at least once a week. Either for a piece of cake and some cappuccino, or, as today, for a bit of lunch.

Lemon tart and apple cake, both very delicious.

Vegetarian Potatoe Soup. Delicious - but I don't mind a bit of bacon in there, either.
 

The second time I went there I watched this little robin through the window 


 

(listening to birds is another pleasure I am delving into, although I must admit that my ability to recognized their different songs has not improved dramatically yet, despite my frequent referral to a bird-identifying app) 

 

Screenshot from BirdNET identification

and already then I thought this might become a potential Café Leisure for times when I am up north. Alas, they don’t have customer internet, and phone reception in the area seems to be a bit on the weak or instable side of things, which is why I haven’t actually taken the computer there and written a post on the premises. I guess I could, however, just write it there and post it later when I return to the dorm and it’s wi-fi service. Certainly the place would qualify for what I was thinking of when I first started writing posts under this label.

My room in the dorm is rather sparsely furnished, and although I did bring my small sewing machine, I have taken it out only once so far, because there is no adequate space to put it up and use it comfortably. I used it to attach flaps on my uniform tops to the back so they would not stand up and make me look ridiculous.


 

This little machine was an acquisition when the Featherweight Sewing Machine Hype was really gaining ground and I had been infected with that virus of desire, too, but didn’t want to spend that kind of money as they were being sold for. I had seen an Elna like this several years ago and developed a certain desire for one like it, but never acted upon that yearning. Amidst the Featherweight Hype, however, I remembered, searched the internet and found this one, for less than a quarter of the price that Featherweight were going for. I haven’t used it much yet, but figure that I will do more so once I move into my own apartment. Which should be soon-ish, as I have actually signed the rental agreement and am supposed to receive the keys towards the middle of the month.

When I come up north next time, I will be coming with a small van full of stuff, and then it will be more of ‘living’ rather than camping out in a dorm. I don’t think it will change my new habit of daily walks and swimming, though, nor, perhaps, the weekly stroll to the Café Leisure. But it will open up more options for being creative by having a table to put up the machine without running the danger of banging my knee on the corner of the bedding box which served as a ‘table’ yesterday.

And once I have my own wi-fi in the apartment I may certainly take the computer to the Café to write, and post later that night, for why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment