Monday, March 4, 2024

Participating in PatCH Swiss Anniversary/EQA Round Bobbin - to be seen in Vicenza in October

 Just before I left for Abilmente recently I had finished the last stitches on a very special piece.


 

In the fall I had decided to participate in PatCH Swiss’s Round Bobbin challenge that had been opened for members of other EQA countries as well.

However, I had taken a very long time to get started because, I admit, I had a hard time figuring out how to go about. Definitely not my usual stuff, to be working along such a list, and it took a lot of pondering to come up with an idea. But when I had decided to stick to one color, (I had been lucky to receive a bobbin in my favorite color, yellow, and therefore stayed in that color family!)

 


to look for composite nouns in German that somehow included whatever cue word was given, I finally got off to a good, if late, start. I stitched line drawings of some of the terms given, 


 but sometimes the part of the compound that would be ‘the other’ part. 


 

Or a chemical symbol. 


 

Or a phrase that includes the term in some way.

 



And the good thing was that I could hand-deliver the finished bobbin to Susan Vogel in Vicenza, saving me the postage, her the potential hassle with customs. Now I am looking forward to seeing that exhibition, which will be huge. Susan says she sent out almost 600 bobbins, even if not every single one will be returned… The entire collection will be shown at Abilmente in October. A selection of the Swiss contributions will be presented for the Swiss Guild at their AGM in the end of April, and as far as I know another selection will be shown at the European Patchwork Meeting in Ste. Marie-aux-Mines in Septemer, as well. So much fun to be included in this, even though I barely made the deadline!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment