Saturday, June 12, 2021

Technological revolution



 A technological revolution happened here two days ago after my son had received a new computer device which he had managed to wriggle out of reluctant parents, because nowadays EVERYBODY goes to school with a handheld device, there is no such thing as writing on a sheet of paper, and God forbid, it cannot be assumed that healthy and strong youngsters should carry a folder with several sheets of paper in it to school. Simply not acceptable . So gracefully I was handed down a not very old smaller handheld device which I am now getting used to, playing around with, and of course I must not overstretch the youngster's patience by asking too many questions about functions and how-tos that arise with elderly non-digital-natives when they are learning the system from the other side of the digital divide... 

I have learned that this one is not - yet? - bilingual. It couldn't take it that I was typing in English although the default language is German. So I shut up the autocorrect. I will learn how to use it to my real needs eventually. 

So far I have also understood that there are many things I never knew I didn't need... such as a camera setting for infrared photos. Which I wanted to include here, but can't find the button in blogger right now to do so... searching ... something seems to be diasarranged with the display presentation. Let's see...



 Now that worked, after several attempts. 

I also didn't know I didn't need a kaleidoscope camera setting.

Detail of my husband in kaleidoscope

Detail of then environment I think it was on our terrace:




But I might develop a use for it. And the suggestions for auto insert are getting more English... we will see how often I will actually do blogger on this. It is at least a reduction in luggage weight should traveling become a possibility again.


No comments:

Post a Comment