This morning I caught these magic moments when going to market:
I've been dyeing, ironing, cutting the newest fabric club selection (to be issued tomorrow), I have bee figuring out the details of one of the knitting patterns I want to include into the knit-along, and it has been gving me a hard time. Not a good omen, really - but I have an explanation. I took a picture of the pattern from an old-time Bavarian swatch, and had to find out the exact description for myself from a printout of the picture. This is the picture - as I was trying to use it.
However - somehow the decrease-increase wasn't working. Until I finally had the brilliant idea that I must have turned it upside down. Lo and behold, now it worked. I have sent the description to my dear friend Maike who has offered to be my testknitter, and we are both of us now starting on a text-version of the whole thing. In the context of all this I have learned that I do not like writing knitting patterns, nor trying to upload them on ravelry, so that is not going to be a new serious branch of industry for me. I'll go back to quilting!
I have put one of my quilts for International Threads on the Longarm - and it is sitting there, waiting for me to start on it...